Thanks to Carter's always-present ear infection (since January!, now on our 7th round of antibiotics), he's getting ear tubes in two weeks. Alex had these, and it was a cinch... about 10 minutes in surgery, Alex then woke up, nursed, then threw up all over me, then was completely fine.
Because Alex continually has fluid in his ears (he's failed some hearing tests, which makes me feel badly when I get frustrated at his lack of attention and say very loudly, "Are you LISTENING to ME?", then I realize, "Oh, maybe not!"), and has had sore throats and such. In a few weeks, he's getting the full treatment, ear tubes, and adenoids and tonsils out. Evidently, that one takes a bit more healing, and we should expect him to be out for about a week. We'll need to get some more movies. Fortunately, we have so many great books, I think we may just move the bookcase to right next to his bed, and camp out and read, read, read.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment