Carter is coming along with words... well, rough approximations of words, anyway. He has finally said "Mama" and "Dada", though he doesn't really use it to refer to us or call out to us. He'll point and talk about the dogs ("Da"), balls ("Ba"), and his eyes ("ayee") and nose ("Nse"). He does a good job with sign language for "up", "milk", and -- his favorite -- "more". He does babble and play a with his tongue a lot.
Today, one of his sandals came off in the car. When I when to lift him out of his seat, he lifted his naked foot to me and said, "tick-o-tick-o", and dutifully, I tickled it.
His other new absolutely adorable thing is reaching his arms out wide when I ask where my hug is. He'll also sometimes come up to me with his arms out wide and then collapse his head on my shoulder... ahhh, bliss!
Meanwhile, Alex is now done with speech therapy. He scored a 79%ile on articulation, which means he no longer qualifies for any services, and we're gearing up for kindergarten. We are supposed to continue working on the "th" sound and the "v" sound, and distinguishing between the two. He is singing more and more, and likes making up his own songs, often to the tune of "I am Iron Man".
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment