Wow... it's been a while since I blogged, so I'll play a bit of catchup.
Really, it is Carter's fault... though he's cute enough we won't hold it against him. For the past month, (really, since he got Strep Throat), he hasn't been sleeping well. He'll wake up at odd hours. CC will often be up working on the computer anyway, and then let Carter fall asleep on his shoulder... of course, as soon as Carter goes back in his crib, he wakes up. I usually take over about 2 or 3 am when CC goes to bed... by this time I'm so punchy, if I nurse Carter and he doesn't go to sleep, I'll put him in bed with me. We are teaching him horrible sleep habits... he was doing so well about going to sleep on his own when we put him down, now if he wakes up and he isn't touching one of us, he really wakes up. Needless to say, neither CC nor I have been getting very good sleep (Carter gets to make it up with naps during the day... lucky dog.) Of course, once I get the boys down and do just a few absolutely essential things around the house (do a load of must wash laundry, dishes in the dishwasher, whatever) I go to bed. Therefore, if Carter would just sleep better, I would get some rest, blog would be maintained, etc.
None the less, both boys are spectacularly enjoyable, so I'll do a few posts to document them at this point in their lives. I have so many nice friends who ask me, "and, how are the boys doing?"... I just can't help but break into a smile, because the truth is, they are wonderful -- simply wonderful.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment