Monday, September 29, 2008

Love to the World

As we all know, Alex is very kind. When we were in Albuquerque, he was quick to give strangers a hug, he told the woman at Golden Pride Chicken that she had very nice hair, and he smiled at a couple at Mimi's Cafe and told me, "I like them!". He is quick to reach out to others and doesn't like saying bad things about people. Today, he was hit in the face with a plastic shovel by one of the girls at school, (he's fine, small bump on his face) and -- though I had the whole story from the teacher -- he was very reluctant to tell me that someone did it intentionally.

When we were driving back from Albuquerque in the car, he woke from a nap and started mumbling a little bit. As he started talking a little more loudly, he announced to me, "I love you, Mommy!".

"Thank you, Alex, I love you too!" I said.

Then he continued, "I love everybody on the planet earth!"

Of course, he may not always feel that way.

But I'm sure glad he does now.

No comments: