Tanya came to visit us last week... Tanya, the woman who spent the most time with Alex as he was a baby -- outside of day care and Mommy. Tanya was our main babysitter, and would watch him weekly at night when I taught class. She had a special relationship with him, and helped me tremendously... until she moved and hasn't had the chance to see him for a few months. Needless to say, he's changed. She bought him the perfect gift -- Little Einsteins books and CD -- and spent some time with him before he went to bed.
As he came to kiss me goodnight, I pulled him into my lap and said, "Let's tell Tanya about you now... what do you like?" And I started feeding him some answers, "Pirates... Dinosaurs... Space... Diego... wearing underwear..."
"And Mommy!" Alex exclaimed, giving me a big hug.
I had to get this written down in the blog so that I can come back and refer to it when I upset him, (by, say, taking off his socks before he was truly ready to have his socks off) and he tells me I'm not his friend anymore. Also, it will be helpful in later years after the terrible chorus of "I HATE you!" and "I didn't ask to be born". I have this evidence that at least at one time, he really did like his Mommy.
I ranked right up there with the underwear.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment