I know, I know... I'm really behind in blogging about the boys. It isn't because they haven't been adorable, or done wonderful things, I've just been busy. I'll try to do some catch up with specific, adorable stories, but here's a development update.
Carter weighs almost 20 pounds. He received 5 vaccinations (!) yesterday and still has a fever from them. The nurse (Kay, the best shot giver ever!) weighed and measured him, and then let the doctor do her thing. When Kay came back in, she said after weighing him, she started to get the shots for a 1 year old, because "most 20 pounders are already a year old". He seems to be on track for sitting up with some assistance, but we can't get the rollovers. He *hates* being on his front, and he can roll back to front with some help... but the doctor said, "I'd really like to see him rolling over". So, our homework every night is 1/2 hour on the floor with strong rollover motivation... which I'll start as soon as he's done with his fever. Despite the fever, he's pleasant and smiley and adorable.
Alex, too, is progressing very nicely. I am thrilled at how much he wants to talk. When he is tired, or frustrated, or cranky, he still doesn't want to have to go to the trouble of *using words and forming sentences*, and I can tell it is just too much work for him to express himself. Still, he surprises us with what he notices, and some of the observations he makes. He is so tender hearted, he is starting to get his feelings hurt at school when other students say things to him. I know this is part of teaching him compassion, but I am left with conflicting feelings of him wanting to be ok enough with himself that what other kids say doesn't hurt him, and wanting him to stand up for himself and not take that kind of crap from 4 year olds.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment