Carter could be getting sick, but he is definitely getting cranky. He's getting fairly difficult to soothe, and often refuses to take a bottle or any kind of comfort from Daddy. Even with mommy, if I don't get his meal to him fast enough, he starts screaming so intently, he can't even nurse, and I have to calm him down with rhythmic thumping on his bottom and a song and a pacifier, and then he can eat.
However, usually, if we catch him soon enough, we can always make him smile by placing him on his back and gazing at him. He likes it when we talk to him, and then give him a chance to respond, then try to mimic what he 'says'. But he loooves it when I sing. Especially if I sing with very pronounced mouth movements, like an exaggerated tongue on "la la la". I usually just make up the words to any song, and sing whatever... and he just seems in awe that that noise can come out of my mouth. His mouth gets pretty active then, and it seems like he's trying to figure out how to make the same noises come out of his mouth. Perhaps he has a future in music?
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment