Alex has turned 5 since the last blog post, and within five minutes of meeting anyone new, he usually declares, "I'm already five!".
He's started making up words to songs, and singing out loud, and hasn't really shown much aptitude as a lyricist, though I thoroughly enjoy his work. As we were singing the "It's Hot and I Love You, Mommy" song in the car today, he added the phrase, "and I like sea monsters". He is still very quick to offer affection... whether it is a hug to someone new he meets, or an arm around new friends. In fact, the other day while CC was with him in the bathroom stall, he exclaimed to Daddy, "Daddy. I like every part of you. Do you know what part I like the best? Your butt!" That was perhaps, not the best place to exclaim his true feelings, but appreciated none the less.
We haven't found a martial arts program for him yet, but are thinking he might really enjoy it. He received a bike for his birthday, but he doesn't seem too interested. Even when he rides it out on the street with other neighbor kids, he usually dismounts and takes time playing with and observing his helmet in great detail.
He loves being read to. He and CC delve into the "Magic Treehouse" books many nights... but he usually enjoys almost any of his books. He is getting pretty good at "Snood", and really loves playing games on our iPhones... from "Sally's Spa" to pinball to other kids apps. I'm a little surprised at his aptitude for computer games... for example, in "Snood", he has the high score in our house!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment