With all the Alexandering at this birthday time of year, I realize the blog has been a little Carter quiet. He's doing great... I am reading a parenting book that counsels against saying anyone is always ever anything... we're supposed to say our children *can be* things so that we don't trap the ahead of time. But, I tell you, Carter is more than just "can be" smiley! He is usually very cheerful. Of course, he cries when his diaper needs changing, or is over sleepy, or uncomfortable, but he is quick to show a very cheerful smile to just about anyone, laughs easily, and snuggles just wonderfully. It makes me remember how smiley and happy Alex became once we put ear tubes in and his ear infections were finally done with.
Carter is sleeping in Alex's room now, and still gets up usually around 3:30 to eat. He's started cereal now... though he wasn't very interested at first. Now, I make sure he gets a little milk first, then sees me eating, then he gets cereal and some applesauce, then gets to nurse again. He's eating about 2 tablespoons of food now... once or twice a day. He loves the bouncy chair still (whether it is really a bouncy chair or someone's lap and very tired make-the-lap-a-bouncy-chair arms), and hasn't cried in his car seat for some time now. He's also rolling over now... back to front very easily and occasionally front to back.
And speaking of Alex, he's really warming up to Carter and (by the way)... potty training is going great! He still has occasional accidents, but takes care of his business on his own most of the time now... one down, one to go.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm at Pearl Harbor with no work to do (bummer, right?), so I'm "making the rounds," and you've updated a lot this week!
Look I know you don't believe me because I'm in beautiful Hawaii, but I really really really really miss everybody and I would rather be in Las Cruces. It's the truth. Those pictures make me realize how much I'm missing. That one of Carter smiling is so great! I wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment