Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dessert Choices

When given the choice between doing something with Daddy v. doing it with Mommy, Alex will almost always choose Daddy. Tonight, I had plans to go out to dinner with the neighbor ladies, and Alex was going to stay with Daddy while Carter went with Mommy. As soon as we left daycare tonight, Alex started saying he wanted to show Mommy something, and eat dinner with Mommy. When we got home and I left to walk to dinner, he ran after me saying he wanted to go with Mommy and started crying. I picked him up, with Daddy close by and started calming him down.

"Daddy has special plans for you tonight. He has hot dogs!".
"Hot dogs?" Alex asked, taking a breath.
"Yep, and he has Scooby Doo!", I said.
"Scooby Doo?", Alex replied, with even almost a smile.
"And", this part I whispered, "lemon ice cream."
"Lemon ICE cream?" Alex announced, lifting his head completely from my shoulder. Daddy took a look at the dried boogers in Alex's nose, and trying to sound like a fun guy to spend the evening with announced, "BOOGS! and Daddy has Boogs!"

The tears returned as Alex cried, "But I don't want to eat Boogs!"

They did eat hot dogs and watched Scooby Doo, and skipped both dessert offerings, and as usual, Alex was his charming self. What a kid.

No comments: