Monday, January 28, 2008

Successful Underwear

We decided  Alex was just not wanting to stop whatever it was he was doing to go potty, so we took the plunge and put him in underwear. After showing him Spiderman on his underwear, and emphasizing that if he peed or pooped in his underwear, he would be peeing or pooping *on* Spiderman (and we didn't think he'd like it), we sent him to school and wished for the best.
Amazingly, he went pee and poop in the potty, and had dry underwear all day.
I was shocked and pleased! I made a big huge deal out of it today when I picked him up, but he was very casual about it. I asked what he wanted to do to celebrate... go to Chuck-E-Cheese, go to Target to buy underwear... what? He said he wanted to lick a candy cane.  OK... that's what we did. We'll keep our fingers crossed for more successful days!

No comments: