Monday, January 7, 2008

Smiles all around

Carter smiled at me today... and not just a "it's gas" smile. He woke up, and I tickled the side of his face with my finger and he looked at me and smiled. He's also getting better at grabbing my fingers intentionally to hold them to his face. Of course, he then proceeded to throw up all over me... but hey - you take the good with the bad.

Alex is still not master of his potty domain, and we've started taking toys away when he goes in his pull up. I'm going to have the house cleaned up of those extra toys in no time. On the positive sign, he's doing really well about taking naps and falling asleep on his own. The other day, he didn't want to take a nap, so I told him he could just stay in his room quietly and read a book or look out the window for 20 minutes. When I didn't hear anything, I peeked in assuming he had fallen asleep... but no, he was just looking out the window patiently. I gave him a hug and told him how proud I was of him for being quiet and he gave me a kiss and said, "thank you Mommy!"

No comments: