Friday, January 2, 2009

Cuddly Skeleton Warrior

A few days ago, Carter was asleep with a nap and Alex came into Mommy and Daddy's room for his quiet time as well. I rolled over on the bed to cuddle him and he informed me that he was saving the space for Daddy, because he was on the boy's side of the bed, and I had to stay on the girl's side of the bed. As Daddy came in for quiet time as well (love the holidays... quiet time in the middle of the day - awesome!) I told Alex that sometimes I go over to the boy's side of the bed to cuddle with Daddy. Alex insisted that he would only cuddle with Daddy, and I had to stay on my side of the bed.

"Well then," I asked, "I don't get to cuddle anyone?"

Alex replied, "You can cuddle with Dekion (the Skeleton Warrior).

"Can I cuddle with someone who isn't imaginary?" I asked.

But before he could answer, Carter woke up... effectively putting an end to my quiet time before I could start, but giving me the answer to my cuddle question, just the same.

No comments: