Tonight, as Alex was going into his room to go to bed, he came out for goodnight kisses. He gave me a hug and kiss, then gave Carter a kiss. He started to walk into his room and then doubled back and said, "wait, I want to smell his hair!" and put his nose into Carter's head and took a deep breath in. "That smells so good!" he said.
Daddy read him his stories as I fed Carter. I went in once Carter was asleep to sing lullabies to Alex. I asked if he wanted regular lullabies or Christmas lullabies. "Ooooh, Christmas lullabies!" he said.
First, he wanted "Dashing through the Snow", so I tried hard to make "Jingle Bells" into a soothing lullaby. Then, I sang him "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and was getting ready to go into "Away in a Manger" or "Silent Night". "No," he said, "I want 'Santa Baby!'"
That's what I get for listening to my iPod in the car!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment