Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thing 1 & 2

I don't have any cute stories tonight... just a general update on the boys.

Alex is just as adorable as ever. He is so good, and so well mannered. He had a pretty busy day at Grandma and Grandpa's today, and fell asleep on the way home, at 6:30. We let him sleep in his room, wondering if he would get up to eat supper. At 7:30 when I put Carter to sleep in there, Alex stirred a bit. I sat on the bed and covered him with a blanket and he looked up at me, put his arms around my neck and pulled himself up to give me a kiss and hug. Such a cutie. He woke up about 30 minutes later, and came out... he's just been full of smiles ever since. I had to get on him a bit this weekend because he has taken to wanting to hit the dogs. A couple of times I told him that the dogs only want to be our friends and love us, and they deserve our love back, and he's been making a real effort to pet them nicely on the heads, and then tell us that he didn't hit them. He plays peek-a-boo with Carter now, and is starting to take a bit more ownership of his little brother. He's also into whispering in our ears now. He can't really come up with anything good to whisper, so he just whispers whatever is on his mind like "Pirates have a boat" or "macaroni and cheese". I think he likes the way it tickles when someone whispers in your ear.

Carter has teeth cutting in on the top now, and you can tell they really bother him. He is sitting up pretty well now... flopping over just a bit. He sat in a restaurant high chair last night for the first time... I had to keep a hand on him the whole time, but he did well. He really likes the feeling of our skin on his face, and often grabs my hand or arm and tries to touch it to his face. He's eating baby food now (sometimes 3-4 containers a day!) and sweet potatoes and pears are his favorites. I gave him bananas today and he just scarfed 'em down. He still loves to bounce on his legs. He has a new fascination with remote controls and phones... he can't really touch the buttons, but he just loves to look at them... weird. He's also vocalizing a bit more now, which makes us happy. It's really hard to put him down when he is sleeping... he is pretty good at putting himself to sleep in his bed, but he's such a snuggly boy and so much fun to hold.

How lucky we are with our great family!

No comments: