Now that now we'll have another boy, we thought it was time we took our previous blog for Alex (http://xanderc.blogspot.com), and expanded it to reflect family life. After all, their lives are going to be so intertwined... from here on out most of what each does will affect the other.
This last weekend, Daddy took Mommy and Alex to see the movie "Enchanted". It was very good, but a little on the chick-flicky side. I decided it was actually a very appropriate activity to take part in before boy #2 is born... as his birth should mark the beginning of a fairly long run in which I never get to see a chick flick again with all the boys in my family.
Alex enjoyed it, but was very anxious to get to the part with the dragon in it. He liked the dragon, but really wanted her to get more screen time... as long as the chick flick *I* want to see has a dragon in it, maybe I will get to pick some more movies in the future after all.
Today, we decided that we may go ahead and induce next Monday. Evidently, *this* baby's head is 10.5 centimeters. Considering the cervix dialates to 10 cm and then the baby comes, any head measurement over 10 is a bit scary. We'll see what this week brings. CC says I'm starting to act like I did just before Alex came. I notice that I am bumping into things *a lot* today... like 4 times in the parking lot at the doctor's office... and everyone at work commented on how much my belly has dropped over the week. Maybe this boy will decide to come on his own. I turned in my tenure packet today, so even though we have loads to do to really feel ready (at work and at home), if he comes, I'll be ok.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment